1. Utah – Starting this year Utah put a state-wide ban on happy hour drink specials.
2. New York – You can buy wine, wine glasses, wine stoppers and corkscrews at a liquor store, but the state of New York prohibits them from selling wine gift bags. Sell a gift bag to a wine buying customer and you’ll be fined $10,000.
3. Colorado – Wine must be sold in containers of at least 24 ounces and spirits in containers at least a fifth of a gallon. But, at the same time, it also states that no alcohol beverage can be stored in hotel minibars in anything larger than miniature containers.
4. Oklahoma – Lager beer is not allowed to be served chilled.
5. Missouri – Anyone under the age of 21 who takes out household trash containing even a single empty alcohol beverage container can be charged with illegal possession of alcohol.
6. Nebraska – It is illegal for a bar to sell beer unless it is simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
7. Iowa – It’s illegal to “run a tab” in Iowa.
8. Indiana – It is illegal for liquor stores to sell milk or cold soft drinks. They can, however, sell unrefrigerated soft drinks.
9. California – No alcohol beverages can be displayed within five feet of a cash register of any store in California that sells both alcohol and motor fuel.
10. Kentucky and South Carolina – Both states ban alcohol sales on election days.
What weird laws have been passed in your jurisdiction?